"Transport is necessary in achieving a wide range of objectives including economic growth, personal welfare, governance and empowerment as well as security." ~ P. Njenga & A. Davis, Drawing the Roadmap to Rural Poverty Reduction

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Purpose

During the coming year, I'll be working on a Master's thesis with Ohio University to design a sustainable transportation solution for developing countries. This blog is to record my experiences working with engineering projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as here at home in the good ol' US of A.

There will be pictures, stories, and much of the like to follow. If you'd like to know when I update the blog, toss me an email, and I can drop you a message whenever I add to it. Also, you can use an RSS Feed (don't be afraid, RSS is actually really cool, and really easy) to be automatically notified. For instructions on how to get started with RSS if you use Mozilla Firefox, go here.

More soon.

TJ

No comments: